Request Full Membership
If you wish to become a full CoMSES Member, please read and accept the following Benefits and Responsibilities of Membership.
In addition to the benefits received as an affiliate member, full members also have access to the following CoMSES Network resources:
- Permission to apply for access to the high performance computing cluster at Arizona State University for model execution. This is a special agreement with ASU’s computing resources group for the CoMSES Network.
- The ability to create special interest groups with web-pages and online collaboration tools. This will be facilitated in the OpenABM Community environment based on the OpenAtrium collaboration platform.
- Assistance in preparing complex models for submission to the Model Library. This will be on a per-application basis and dependent on available funds for RA support.
- Certification of models submitted to the Model Library for citation. We will create review boards, similar to those for journal articles, to formally review models submitted for certification. Certified models are tested to run and produce the kinds of output that they claim to produce. They also will be accompanied by metadata and documentation that meets CoMSES approved standards and is sufficient to allow other scientists to understand the operations of the model.
- Inclusion of contributed models in the CoMSES bibliography and permission to add to the bibliography. We are creating a community bibliography in which models contributed by members are automatically added as a citation. Members can also contribute to the bibliography publication citations by themselves or by others that they feel would contribute to a better understanding of computational modeling in the social and life sciences.
- Access to standard datasets for model testing. We are establishing data archives for test datasets to be contributed by CoMSES members.
- Access to funds to organize symposia and training sessions related to computational models at professional meetings. These will be provided on a per-application basis and are dependent on available funds.
All full members agree to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Properly credit the research of scientists who submit models to the library through appropriate citation or acknowledgement in publications and presentation.
- Use scientific computational modeling in ethical ways that benefit the larger human community.
- Share expertise in computational modeling with other network members and helping them gain competence in applying these new approaches in scientific work.
- Participate in self governance of the network.
- Assist with the evaluation of models submitted for certification.
- Contribute to the shared resources of the network through submitting models to the library, datasets for model testing, bibliographic references, education materials, or other model-related resources.
- Depending on expertise, full members may also become resource stewards who manage the OpenABM website and internet resources.
If you agree to accept these rights and responsibilities, then indicate so by checking the “Request Membership” checkbox and typing “I AGREE” into the text field, located at the bottom of this page.
Once you have submitted your request, an OpenABM Administrator will process your request and notify you when your account has been upgraded.